Today, I start a new tradition of setting my New Year Resolutions. Sure, many use the opportunity to do this as a new calendar year begins; but I think it is more personal and apropos to do so as I begin a new year of life.
Before I get to the details, one would immediately notice that these goals are mostly physical. That does not mean that I don’t have spiritual goals; however, my spiritual goals aren’t changing today. Furthermore, I want all of these goals to fit the SMART philosophy of goal-setting: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely. I believe my goals will fit these criteria.
- Sleep less – bring my avg sleep to 7hrs/night or less.
- Run 1000 miles – (preferably in my Vibrams, or barefoot; preferably outside), roughly 2.75mi daily avg.
- Read 10000 pages – roughly 27.5p daily (I do not include devotional Scripture reading here)
- Complete the 100 pushups challenge.
- Complete the 200 sit-ups challenge.
- Complete the 200 squats challenge.
- (Optional) Complete the 25 pull-ups challenge (this is assuming the timely nature of the challenge being posted).
- Write 100 blog posts.
Finally, I am now accountable, having put my goals in print and having set a timeline (i.e. February 22, 2011).